AT&T announced on Wednesday that it will offer the HTC Jetstream, AT&T’s first 4G LTE/HSPA+ tablet on September 4th for $699.99 with a new two-year contract. The Jetstream, which we brought you exclusive details on in July, is equipped with a 10.1-inch “HD” display, a 1.5GHz dual-core Qualcomm Snapdragon processor, a 1.3-megapixel front-facing camera for video chats and an 8-megapixel camera with dual-LED flash. It runs Android 3.1 (Honeycomb) with HTC’s Sense user interface and AT&T will include the HTC Scribe pen at no cost for a limited time. Read on for the full press release.
New HTC Jetstreamâ˘ Tablet Available Exclusively To AT&T Customers
Company’s First 4G LTE/HSPA+ Tablet Available Sept. 4 Nationwide First Tablet To Feature Androidâ˘ 3.1 (Honeycomb)
- Customers can purchase HTC Jetstream, AT&Tâs* first 4G LTE/HSPA+ tablet, online and in company-owned retail stores starting September 4.
- HTC Jetstream is HTCâs first tablet running on the Androidâ˘ 3.1 (Honeycomb) operating system which was specifically built for tablets.
- Tablet features a 10.1â HD display, Snapdragon 1.5 GHz dual core processor and front and rear facing cameras.
- For the first time, AT&T customers can receive discounted tablet pricing after committing to a two-year agreement for a new $35, 3GB monthly data plan.
- For a limited time, HTC Scribe â˘ – an optional digital pen accessory- will be available at no additional cost.
Exclusive to AT&T customers, HTC Jetstream is the companyâs first 4G LTE/HSPA+ tablet.Â It runs the Androidâ˘ 3.1 (Honeycomb) operating system and represents the first iteration of the HTC Senseâ˘ user experience on Honeycomb.Â HTC Jetstream boasts a large 10.1â WXGA high-resolution display for an immersive entertainment experience, third-generation Snapdragon 1.5 GHz dual core processor for fast multi-tasking and instant screen refresh. A rich web browsing experience supports AdobeÂŽ FlashÂŽ Player and an enhanced HD video experience with1080p playback and capture.
The tablet is also compatible with HTC Scribeâ˘ – an optional digital pen accessory, which is sold separately, – for content creation as well as Evernote integration for storing your documents in the cloud. Â Additionally, HTC Jetstream is preloaded with services optimized for the tablet such as AT&T Family Map, AT&T Navigator ÂŽ, HTC Watchâ˘, HTC Hub, Friendstreamâ˘, Android Market, and much more.
Android 3.1 (Honeycomb)
HTC Jetstream is AT&Tâs first tablet to showcase the Androidâ˘ 3.1 OS.Â The brand new operating system was designed from the ground up for devices with larger screens.Â It improves on Android favorites with new interactive and resizeable widgets plus improved multi-tasking, browsing, notifications, and customization.Â The new version of the platform also features Google Maps 5.0 with 3D-like interaction, access to over three million Google eBooks, incognito mode for browsing internet with no history tracking and Google Talk with video chat over Wi-Fi.
âThis tablet is a beautiful 10.1-inch, LTE powered masterpiece,â said Jeff Bradley, senior vice president, Devices, AT&T Mobility and Consumer Markets.Â âWhen you combine powerful options like HTC Jetstream with our upcoming LTE technology and nationwide HSPA+ network, it flies.â
âHTC Jetstream combines the acclaimed HTC Sense experience with Android Honeycomb to provide an innovative and engaging experience on a 10.1 inch tablet,â said Martin Fichter, acting president, HTC Americas Region.Â âPaired with AT&Tâs upcoming 4G LTE speed and mobility, HTC Jetstream delivers connectivity for social and entertainment needs alongside productivity and creativity tools in a portable package.â
Price and Availability
On September 4, the tablet will be available exclusively to AT&T customers online and in company-owned retail stores for $699.99 with a new two-year contract.
AT&T postpaid tablet customers now have a new $35, 3 GB monthly data plan option with a two-year contract. Customers who do not choose a long-term commitment may still select one of two existing monthly billing options:
- Postpaid:Â $14.99 for 250 MB or $25 for 2 GB. Customers on the 2 GB plan who exceed their monthly data allotment will be charged $10 per 1 GB of overage.Â Charges will appear on customersâ monthly wireless statements.
- Prepaid:Â $14.99 for 250 MB or $25 for 2 GB. Customers on the 2 GB plan who exceed their monthly data allotment may choose to purchase an additional 2 GB for $25.Â Charges will appear on customersâ credit card statements.
Offering the simplicity of a single bill, the postpaid option will show up on customersâ monthly wireless bill after the data is used. The new postpaid billing option will be available online at www.att.com and across AT&T retail locations.
For more information, please visit www.att.com/jetstream.
HTC Jetstream Specifications
- LTE (700/AWS)
- HSPA+/HSPA/UMTS (850/1900/2100 MHz)
- EDGE/GPRS (850/900/1800/1900 MHz)
- Android 3.1 (Honeycomb)
- HTC Senseâ˘ UX for tablets
- Display: 10.1â WXGA HD screen
- Processor:Â Third-generation Snapdragon 1.5GHz dual-core processor
- Camera: Front Facing 1.3 MP, Rear facing 8 MP and Dual LED Flash
- Battery: 7,300 mAh
- Expandable Memory:Â MicroSD up to 32 GB
- Dimensions: 7â (l) x 9.87â (w) x 51â (d)
- Weight: 25 ounces
*AT&T products and services are provided or offered by subsidiaries and affiliates of AT&T Inc. under the AT&T brand and not by AT&T Inc.
Limited 4G LTE availability in select markets. 4G speeds delivered by HSPA+ (with enhanced backhaul) or LTE, where available. Deployment ongoing. Compatible data plan required. LTE is a trademark of ETSI. Learn more at att.com/network.